A TOUCH OF HISTORY – THE FORMER WOLLUN GENERAL STORE
Lot A Wollun Rd, Walcha NSW 2354
Wollun is situated 25km north west of Walcha and 26km south of Uralla.
Two buildings, circa 1920, were erected on this approximately 2,350m² block in what was then known as the Wollun Village Precinct.
The general store was built from “faux stone” concrete blocks manufactured by the Morgan family at Woolbrook. The adjoining weatherboard building was used as a residence at one stage, but is now in poor repair.
The local railway station opened in 1883 and closed in 1975. The original village included a post office, a church, a school and several houses plus the general store.
This is a great opportunity to restore part of the history of the New England agricultural growth.
DISCLAIMER; “The above information has been supplied to us by the Vendor. We do not accept responsibility to any person for its accuracy and do no more than pass this information on. Interested parties should make and rely upon their own enquiries in order to determine whether or not this information is in fact accurate.